Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Politics

Is politics really about the better of two evils ?

I am not old enough to remember "the good old days" when politics was about "serving the community, the people, the country etc.". When I was old enough to understand (or take interest, yes, that would be the right word for it), Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim was going after Tun Ghaffar Baba for the Deputy Presidency of UMNO and everything thereafter was about being into politics to make money. Tonnes of money.

I came back to Malaysia from my studies abroad right smack into the Reformasi times. It was indeed an interesting time and I contemplated into getting myself right smack in the thick of it but somehow refrain myself from doing so.

Then the so-called "political tsunami" took place in 2008. I remember there was an eerie silent the following morning. Two years down the road, I definitely do not like where the country is heading. Instead of people uniting, I think it made people more divisive. There is now a clear divide between "us"and "them".

Mana-mana pihak yang menang, sama aje.

1 comment:

Shahrulmiza said...

Politics of survival to cari makan beb!!! :P